Now Hiring at A+ Garden Center
Our Garden Center is looking for motivated professionals to join our team. Our goals are to exceed customers’ expectations and to always do our best as we work. Because we are a locally owned business with a relatively small team, candidates must enjoy new challenges and be adaptable to change as it’s sometimes necessary to “do all the jobs.”
- This is a physical job! You’ll be able to skip the gym because you’ll be walking, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending and standing throughout a shift.
- This is an outdoor job! You know how to handle that with proper clothing layers and hydration. Weather can vary from freezing Spring and Fall temps, to hot and humid in the summer months, inside a greenhouse environment.
- This is a customer service job! Greeting and assisting customers is of utmost importance. We grow great plants, but we need a loyal customer base if we want to stay in business. Bring your good manners, your gardening and house plant knowledge and a curiosity to learn more so you can be of service to our customers.
- You must know how to use a computer and an iPad.
- You’re able to work weekends and holidays.
- You have experience with driving a skid steer or are willing to learn.
A+ Garden Center offers very competitive industry wages, overtime opportunities, a company discount and retirement, paid vacation and health insurance (based on eligibility).
Retail Shop Manager
Full Time Position
You have a knack for seeing the big picture and communicating it to others to understand and implement. You have excellent customer service skills and lead the employees you oversee to provide top-notch service as well. You order, price and stock products that are current and trendy, and have a keen eye and imagination for garden center displays and floor design.
- Four (4) years of experience in a retail environment
- High School Diploma
- Ability to use software such as Quickbooks point-of-sale, Excel, Word, Google Drive
- Buying, Inventory, Scheduling
- Must display good communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to assist customers in product selection and deliver excellent customer service.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and have strong math skills.
- Must be friendly, possess a team mentality, and the ability to build rapport.
- Must have the ability to perform physical labor, accept and adapt to change, be able to work in a fast-paced environment independently.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime with some holidays, and weekends. Additional hours may be needed in peak season.